Five by Five – Quarter-Century Goals
I love goals and lists and am too ambitious for my own good, it’s true! Every December I make a list of goals for myself for the new year, and every year they’re forgotten by March! To break the cycle, I’ve decided to start my “new year” immediately following my birthday — I personally think that my rapidly approaching old age is as positive a reinforcement for ambition as any!
In honor of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a show that I’m sure I will be paying homage to for the rest of my life, I’ve decided to form my list of goals around Faith’s infamous “five by five” line, meaning that everything is as good as it can be, or that, on a scale of 1 – 5, everything is 5 x 5 — AKA awesome, great, a-okay, perfect, wonderful, etc!
I’ve separated this list of goals into five separate groups, with five goals each — So, five by five, or 25 total goals! Clever, right? 😛 I’ve made goals ranging from video games and recipes to my education and health, and my hope is to complete everything on it by the end of the year.
I’ve never successfully completed all of the goals on one of my lists by an allotted time. It’s kind of embarrassing to admit, really — I start a lot of things but my follow through isn’t as impressive as my initiative, I’m afraid!
Well, 25 will be the year I change that! I’m determined to finally learn, once and for all, how to effectively set goals for myself — and achieve them during the given time frame.
Wish me luck! 😀
1) Watch 25 new movies (first time viewing) ( 25 of 25 )
2) Read 15 books ( 12 of 15 )
3) Finish 5 TV series ( 2 of 5 )
4) Beat 5 video games ( 1 of 5 )
5) Go to a live sporting event
6) Get good grades every semester enrolled ( 1 of 3 )
7) Save up $5,000 in a year starting with the day I turn 25
8) Stick to a fitness regimen
9) Plant some roots somewhere and finally find a place I’m comfortable with calling home
10) Participate in a 5k
11) Learn to crochet
12) Sew something superhero themed
13) Bake or cook 15 things from cookbooks
14) Go to Disney World
15) See 3 plays and visit 5 museums ( 1 of 3 plays, 1 of 5 museums)
16) Try 10 new foods ( 5 of 10 )
17) Go on a cruise ( 0 of 1 )
18) Visit another country ( 0 of 1 )
19) Meet someone from the cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer I met James Marsters! 20) Visit the Pacific Northwest
e) Just Because
21) Try “something new”
22) Organize and inventory my comic book collection
23) Go through my wardrobe and donate / sell the things I don’t want
24) Mail 5 friends in other places a surprise gift package
25) Take a road trip
I’ll update this as I check things off the list, and will probably do a few update posts over the course of the next year! If you have any similar lists of your own, please share them with me!