Happy New Year!
Remember back in August when I talked about how I’d update more regularly? And then remember the 5 month absence that immediately followed? Whoops!
The last half a year has been pretty rocky and if I’m being totally honest, I can’t say I’m even a little bit sorry for the unexpected hiatus because sometimes life happens and there’s not much you can do other than hold on and wait for it to slow down.
I’m not sure if it’s “slowing down” yet – we’ll see, I guess – but we are one week into the new year and I do so love a fresh beginning!
As a brief recap, if for nothing else than to acknowledge a few changes that may be noticed in blogging content, here are a few bullet points:
- The oral surgery check-in appointment I mentioned having turned into a full extraction that didn’t go super well, but that I was thankfully able to have done that did eventually eliminate the pain I was experiencing with my wisdom tooth.
- The wedding I mentioned planning for will not be happening, so there won’t be any more mentions of that moving forward.
- I finished my Fall semester with a 4.0 GPA, straight As and with my name on the college’s President’s List!
- I pushed my graduation back a few semesters to accommodate some life adjustments.
- I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens and it was amazing! See it if you haven’t, even if you’ve never seen any of the other Star Wars movies.
- I spent New Year’s Eve through the first week of the new year (today actually!) on a much-needed vacation and it was a great way to unwind from the previous year’s difficulties. Pictures below!
As upbeat as I’ve tried to be, the last few months have been some of the roughest I’ve dealt with and I’m still working through it so I can’t guarantee another absence but do know that if I disappear, once the “dust has settled”, I’ll be back! 🙂