I figured I’d start off my keto recipe posts with one of my most frequently used – and one of the most quick, easy, and versatile in my current recipe repertoire! I eat these probably once a week for either lunch or dinner.
I’m constantly amazed that I can eat things like this recipe, and that it’s actually good for me. Since my body’s energy is running off of fat while in ketosis, things like olives, cheese, and pepperoni are excellent sources of fuel for me! The jalapeños are just because they’re delicious. 😉
You can add anything you want! I’ve been dreaming of a Hawaiian crustless pizza but, alas, a single thin slice of pineapple is 7g of carbs alone! Maybe on a day where I factor for almost half my daily carb allowance being spent on a single meal…? 😛
Some other ideas for toppings are bacon, crumbled feta, sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, shredded buffalo chicken… whatever you want!
What You’ll Need:
:: A non-stick small pan (or a lot of non-stick spray), the pan should be a 6-inch type like the small black one here (this is what I have)
:: 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (per pizza)
:: Your choice of toppings (anything you want!)
What You’ll Do:
1) Heat your pan on medium-high heat. If you’re using pepperoni, I like to do a layer on the bottom of a couple of those, and then melt the cheese (for the “crust”ish layer on top – but skip this if you prefer, it’s good both ways!)
2) Spread the cheese in a thin layer along the bottom of the pan
3) Eventually (about 2 – 3 minutes in), it’ll start to bubble – not big bubbles, but lots of tiny bubbles! The cheese will begin to darken (especially around the edges), and should be able to be lifted with a spatula or fork.
4) Slide the pizza off of the pan carefully and onto the plate. I suggest letting them cool for a minute or two so you don’t burn yourself! You can also lightly pat them with (or let them cool on) paper towels to absorb a bit of the oil put off by the cheese itself.
5) Cut the pizza into mini slices, quarters, or fold-and-eat if you’re heading out! These can also double as cool little pizza tacos if necessary. 😉