One of my goals for 2019 is to be more active in the bookish blogging community – I love writing and reading reviews about books, but so far, have only really “mingled” on Instagram and Twitter! I’m trying to break that habit by branching out a bit more, so being tagged by Kaleena @ Reader Voracious came at the perfect time! (Thanks, Kaleena!)
ARE THERE ANY BOOKS YOU STARTED THIS YEAR THAT YOU NEED TO FINISH?
I’m putting a lot of focus on ARCs in January which takes a bit of the pressure off of me for my end of the year reading, and I just recently met my Goodreads Challenge goal of 100 books (yay!!), so I don’t have much. But! I’m partially through a few, and am planning on finishing them this month for sure:
- Hark! the Herald Angels Scream: An Anthology edited by Christopher Golden | I started an ARC of this one back in October, but stopped it halfway through to wait for the physical copy from my Night Worms box – now that I have it, I’ve picked it back up, and am loving it just as much as I was before!
- N0S4A2 / N0S4R2 by Joe Hill | I’m reading this with a HUGE group of pals over on Instagram for our #manxcarpooltochristmasland readalong, and it’s amazing! This is my second time reading, although the first was 5+ years ago, so the refresher is pretty great. So creepy and Christmas-y!
- Puppet Skin by Danger Slater | This one isn’t very long, and I was hooked immediately from starting it! I’ll have no problem finishing it soon; the only thing that’s prevented me up til now has been how busy life is.
DO YOU HAVE AN AUTUMNAL BOOK TO TRANSITION INTO THE END OF THE YEAR?
I didn’t before, but this year I read The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury with a group of friends, and really enjoyed it! I think I’ll be aiming to read it on Halloween moving forward since it’s so short and fun.
IS THERE A NEW RELEASE YOU’RE STILL WAITING FOR?
Nope! I’ve already gotten everything I was waiting for – Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste and Sadie by Courtney Summers being the most recent acquisitions.
WHAT ARE THREE BOOKS YOU WANT TO READ BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR?
Three books from my December TBR that I haven’t yet gotten to are:
- Wraith (Graphic Novel) by Joe Hill & Charles Paul Wilson III
- Unmemory by Kristi DeMeester
- The Valancourt Book of Victorian Christmas Ghost Stories – Volume 2 edited by Allen Grove
IS THERE A BOOK YOU THINK COULD STILL SHOCK YOU AND BECOME YOUR FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR?
I’m expecting all of the ones I’m planning to read to be pretty good! I’ve heard great things about all of them.
HAVE YOU ALREADY STARTED MAKING READING PLANS FOR 2019?
Of course! I make plans to make plans, lol. I just made a copy of Kaleena’s 2019 Book Blogger Spreadsheet and plan to use that in conjunction with my physical Bullet Journal to keep really close track of my reading this year. I’ll have a post with some book goals as well soon!