Okay, so I’m stealing this from my friend Kal, and totally doing it way later than I should, too – oops! Let’s just call it a Just After Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag, okay? 🙂
1. The best book you’ve read so far this year?
Oh, wow, this is already really hard. 😦 I’ve read so many good books – the number of my 5 star ratings far exceeds anything else:
I’m gonna pick 5 of the ones I loved, but here’s my whole 2019 Challenge on Goodreads for my complete list, which you should check out ’cause there were SO MANY GOOD THINGS and I loved a lot!
2. The best sequel you’ve read this year?
The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King, which I liked way more than The Gunslinger just because of how forceful of an entry into the world of the Dark Tower that first book is. By the time you get to Drawing, you’re more familiar with everything, and it’s so good!
Also, I’m not sure if it counts as an actual sequel, but Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant was so good, and it was a follow up to her novella that I’ve loved for years, Rolling In The Deep.
3. New releases you haven’t read yet but want to.
Oh no, I have some of these too, haha. I try to stay on top of release dates, but sometimes it’s hard!
🌈 The Invited by Jennifer McMahon (I even had a buddy read with a friend, and she finished, and I still.. haven’t. I’m sorry!)
🌈 Middlegame by Seanan McGuire (I was so excited for this, and still am, but just haven’t gotten around to being able to dedicate the time to it! It’s a thicc boi!)
🌈 Growing Things and Other Stories by Paul Tremblay (I own a physical and digital copy of this, so I have no excuse!)
4. Most anticipated releases for the second half of the year.
Violet by Scott Thomas & Remains by Andrew Cull!
5. Biggest disappointment.
I haven’t actually have one of these yet?! I’m only 54 books into the year though, so I mean, we’ll see!
6. Biggest Surprise.
I really loved this modernized retelling of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer universe! It’s one of my favorite things from this year!
7. Favorite new to you, or debut, author.
Okay, so Clive Barker isn’t new to me, but I hadn’t read anything by him until this year somehow! I read both The Hellbound Heart and The Thief of Always, and I loved both so much! He’s one of my favorites now, and I have more books already of his to read!
8. Newest fictional crush.
There are always questions like these on things, and I… don’t have crushes on people I’m reading about?! I don’t know!
9. Newest favorite character.
Ana Logan from David Sodergren’s The Forgotten Island! She’s witty and hilarious and I loved her.
10. Book that made you cry?
Sadie by Courtney Summers! This book messed me uppppp. I highly recommend it!
11. Book that made you happy?
I hosted a readalong of the Harry Potter series this year, and it made me very happy! I love everything about the whole world so, so much. Always!
12. Favorite book to film adaption?
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, for sure! It was so cool seeing the illustrations come to life. I loved it!
13. Favorite post you have done this year?
- When One Door Closes… (A Ramble About Risk & Change)
- Book Review – Coyote Songs by Gabino Iglesias
- Thursday 10: My Favorite TV Shows (And Episodes I Love of Each)
- Happy Pride Month! 🌈
- Throwback: Santa Monica Pier ’17
- Thursday 10: My Favorite Movies from the 90s
- Thursday 10: Games I Wish I Could Play Again for the First Time
14. Most beautiful book you have bought this year?
I couldn’t possibly choose one of these! So many beautiful books with covers I love have come out this year!
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
ALL OF THEM! Stop attacking me! I’ll get to them eventually, okay!? 😛
Like my blog? Support me on Patreon for as little as $2 per month, and gain access to Patron-exclusive freebies, polls, blog previews, and more!