February is here!!! As I mentioned here in this post about 10 Ladies Writing Horror Fiction, it’s officially WOMEN IN HORROR MONTH!
The folks behind the Ladies of Horror Fiction blog have put together an annual readathon for the occasion, the #LOHFReadathon, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the reading year! I love reading with friends, and readathons / readalongs are some of my favorite ways to participate in group reads!
I’ll share my list of what I’ll be reading below. Here are this year’s prompts:
1) Book by an LGBTQIA+ author
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- Benny Rose, the Cannibal King by Hailey Piper
2) Book by a WOC (woman of color) author
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang (translated by Deborah Smith)
3) Book that has been on your TBR forever
- Everything That’s Underneath by Kristi DeMeester
- The Bone Weaver’s Orchard by Sarah Read
4) Book with a great cover
- If You See Her by Ania Ahlborn
- The Deep by Alma Katsu
5) Read a YA/MG (young adult / middle grade) book
- Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
There are a couple other books I’m reading in February for Women in Horror Month – check them out below!
- Whispers in the Dark by Laurel Hightower
- Bottled by Stephanie Ellis
- Come Closer by Sara Gran
- The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
Are you participating this month? Tell me what you’re reading!!
Like my blog? Support me on Patreon for as little as $2 per month, and gain access to Patreon-exclusive freebies, polls, blog previews, and more!