I love the internet for all of its creative ideas, let me tell you what! My friend Sara recently shared that ‘Dalgona Matcha Lattes’ were a thing, and so I obviously had to try it. I found multiple recipes with ingredients ranging from aquafaba to HWC to egg whites, but my comfort zone thanks to my previous keto days is HWC – so that’s what I went with! I also adjusted things a bit to my preferences, especially after trying 2 of the recipes I found and both not coming out very well.
Although I mainly share bookish stuff, I wrote a post about a month ago with the recipe I used in my Dalgona Coffee recipe since I was really missing coffee shops during quarantine time. My friends seemed to love trying it out, so I thought this new twist on it could be fun!
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp hot milk
- 4 tbsp cold heavy whipping cream
- 6 – 8 oz of cold milk
- Optional: 2 ice cubes!
- Add the matcha powder & sugar into a bowl, and then mix the hot milk in. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and you’re left with a clumpless liquid.
- Using a whisk/mixer, mix your HWC into your matcha concoction. I used my hand mixer with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed for about 3-4 minutes, and was left with this soft, cloudlike consistency – so soft and such a pretty color!
- Spoon the matcha mixture onto your cup of milk, and enjoy!
Please let me know if you try this one! I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Like my blog? Support me on Patreon for as little as $2 per month, and gain access to Patreon-exclusive freebies, polls, blog previews, and more!